August 23, 2017
RE: 2017 SCKO Individual Kendo Championships
Dear Federation Leaders, Dojo Sensei, and Kendo Friends:
On behalf of Southern California Kendo Organization, I would like to cordially invite members of your federation to be part of our 2017 SCKO Individual Kendo Championships. The tournament will be held at Edison High School in Huntington Beach, CA on Sunday October 8, 2017. SCKO Individual Kendo Championships is one of our biggest events of the year, and it has been possible thanks to all the support from the regional federations that participated in the past. This year, we are introducing a new category after the individual matches: the “The 5 BEST Team Match”. I am counting on your continual support to keep this great tournament for many more years to come.
- Date/Time: October 8, 2017 (8:30AM – 8:45AM roll call. Tournament starts at 9AM)
- Location: Edison High School (21400 Magnolia St, Huntington Beach, CA 92646)
- RSVP: Monday, September 25, 2017. Please reply by sending the attached registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org, and mailing the tournament fees to SCKO (1581 Browning, Irvine CA 92606).
- We would like to cordially ask for your help in refereeing (4 Dan and up) at the tournament.
- Fee: $20 all ages
Eligibility: All AUSKF Members. If the player is not an AUSKF member, a separate waiver form must be signed at registration.
- 9 & Under Boys & Girls
- 10-11 Boys & Girls
- 12-13 Boys & Girls
- 14-15 Boys
- 16-18 Boys
- 14-18 Girls
- Men’s 1-2 Dan (Eto Cup)
- Men’s 3-4 (Nakabara Cup)
- Men’s 5 Dan and Up (Hori Cup)
- Women’s Dan (Akune Cup)
- Adult Kyu (19 & Over) Men & Women – (Lorimer Cup)
- 55 Years and Over Dan Men & Women
- “5 Best Team Matches”
- Players can participate in one category only.
- Tournament will follow FIK Rules and Regulations.
- Tsuki, Jodan, Nito are not allowed for Mudansha and 18 years and under divisions.
- Time Limit: Round Robin matches (3 minutes and No Encho), Tournament Round Matches (3 minutes and Encho), Semi-Finals and Finals (4 minutes and no Encho).
- “5 Best Team Matches”: Team lineup to be submitted on the day of the tournament.
Looking forward to your great participation!
Please do not hesitate to ask me if you have any questions at email@example.com.
Attached: This Invitation Letter, Players Registration Form, Waiver form for non AUSKF players.