Feel free to use the form below for future membership payment tracking needs. It will help keep things neat, and calculations will be done automatically when you check certain conditions.
You can download the pdf version here.
Dear SCKO Juniors and parents:
This coming year, the AUSKF Junior Open Championships (JOC) will be held in our backyard, Huntington Beach. It is a great opportunity for every SCKO juniors to participate and compete for the USA title. Not too much details have been released by the AUSKF as of now, but we would like to start practicing now, since the tournament is only three months away. We have an excellent coaching staff, who did a great job in the past as a SCKO Junior player themselves. All SCKO juniors are welcome to attend the practices, regardless if you are competing in the tournament.
Date: April 4, 2020
Location: Marina High School, Huntington Beach
Coaching Staff: Ken, Isabel, Shota, Ray, Haruna, Gen and Hiroshi
Manager: Okawa and Ariga
Tournament Fees: To be paid by each participant
Our first practice will be held on January 5, 2020 (9AM – 12PM) at Butokuden Dojo. If you are interested in taking part of the SCKO team, I strongly suggest you come to the practices. We will be discussing schedule and practice menu. I hope you can all attend.
This is a National Level Open Championships. It means any junior, ages 18 years or younger, that is registered with the AUSKF wearing a Bogu is eligible to participate in the individual divisions. Team matches players will be selected by the coaches and managers.
Please use the form below to sign up to represent SCKO at the 2020 AUSKF Junior Open Championships.
Our tentative schedule is below.
Date 2020 Jr Open
1/5/2020 Sun SCKO First Kick Off practice @ Butokuden
1/19/2020 Sun Kubota Tournament (@ Torrance) or SCKO Godogeiko (@ Long Beach)
2/2/2020 Sun AUSKF Championships Tryout (12 and older) AM/PM @ Butokuden
2/16/2020 Sun SCKO Godogeiko AM/Junior Practice PM @ Butokuden
2/23/2020 Sun Junior Practice AM/PM @ Butokuden
3/1/2020 Sun Junior Practice AM/PM @ Butokuden
3/8/2020 Sun Shinpan Seminar (Shiai-sha) AM/PM @ Butokuden
3/15/2020 Sun SCKO Godogeiko AM/Junior Practice PM @ Butokuden
Week of 3/16 Butokuden International Gasshuku. We will be practcing all day, during the week. If you are on spring break it is a great chance to practice. Gasshuku schedule is here. https://www.butokuden.com/2020/02/03/2020-butokuden-international-kendo-gasshuku/
3/22/2020 Sun Junior Practice AM/PM @ Butokuden
3/29/2020 Sun Junior Practice AM/Send Off Party PM @ Butokuden
4/4/2020 Sat Junior Open (HB)
4/5/2020 Sun Junior Development @ Silverado Park
See you all on January 5, 2020!
Have a safe holiday season.
Note: We expect the divisions to be the same as previous years, but not confirmed yet. The following were the divisions from previous years.
• 9 years-old and under
• 10-11 years old
• 12-13 years old
• 14-15 years old
• 16-18 years old
• 13-years old and under (girls)
• 14-18 years old (girls)
Team (2 teams/federation):
Boys Teams – 5 player
Girls Teams – 3 players per team
Youth Team – 3 players per team
The following are the announced divisions by the AUSKF.
Date: July 17 – 20, 2020
Location: University of Michigan-Dearborn Fieldhouse/Ice Arena (Airport DWT)
- Men’s Individual (max 7 registered participants per federation)
- Women’s Individual (max 7 registered participants per federation)
- Senior Youth Boy’s Individual (ages 16-18) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
- Junior Youth Boy’s Individual (ages 12-15) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
- Senior Youth Girl’s Individual (ages 16-18) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
- Junior Youth Girl’s Individual (ages 12-15) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
- Seniors Men’s (3-dan and above, ages 50+) (max 5 registered participants per fed.) Seniors Women’s (3-Dan and above, ages 45+) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
- Mudansha Division (men and/or women combined division, ages 19 and up, 1-kyu and lower) (max 5 registered participants per fed.)
* Age requirements for the Youth Divisions, Seniors Divisions and Mudansha Division shall be determined as of January 1, 2020.
- Men’s Team (5 participants, max 7 registered team members)
- Women’s Team (5 participants, max 7 registered team members)
- Senior Youth Boy’s Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members)
- Junior Youth Boy’s Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members)
- Senior Youth Girl’s Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members)
- Junior Youth Girl’s Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members)
- Senior Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members) (men, women or combined team)
- Mudansha Team (3 participants, max 5 registered team members) (men, women, or combined team)
AUSKF @ Detroit Team Practice:
|Date||2020 AUSKF Championships|
|1/5/2020||Sun||SCKO First Kick Off practice @ Butokuden (9 AM – 12 PM)|
|1/19/2020||Sun||Kubota Tournament or SCKO Godogeiko|
|2/2/2020||Sun||AUSKFC SCKO Team Tryout AM/PM @ Butokuden|
|2/16/2020||Sun||SCKO Godogeiko AM @ Butokuden|
|2/23/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|3/1/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|3/8/2020||Sun||Shinpan Seminar (Shiai-sha) AM/PM @ Butokuden|
|3/15/2020||Sun||SCKO Godogeiko AM @ Butokuden|
|3/22/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|3/29/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM/Send Off Party PM @ Butokuden|
|4/4/2020||Sat||Support the Juniors @ Huntington Beach|
|4/26/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|5/10/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|5/17/2020||Sun||SCKO Godogeiko AM/Team Practice PM @ Butokuden|
|5/31/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|6/14/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|6/21/2020||Sun||SCKO Godogeiko AM/Team Practice PM @ Butokuden|
|6/28/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM @ Butokuden|
|7/11/2020||Sat||Team Practice PM (Gasshuku) @ Butokuden|
|7/12/2020||Sun||Team Practice AM/Send Off Party PM @ Butokuden|
Kentaro Takahashi sensei has coordinated a visit to Los Angeles and will be bringing approximately 20 students (boys and girls) from Kanto Gakuin University Kendo Team. There will be a joint practice as follows:
Saturday, February 16th from 8AM-4PM.
1545 W 31st Street
Long Beach, CA
The event will be open to everyone, although only a selected group of kenshi (chosen on that day) will be allowed to participate in the practice shiai. All other portions of the practice will be open to all ages and ranks to actively participate.
Hope to see everyone there!